A New Skincare Routine
It’s a new year, and it’s time for a new skincare routine. For me, anyway. These winter months have been so rough on my skin, and the older I get, the more I’m noticing the effects of weather on my face and hands!
I’ve decided to take matters into my own hands.
It’s About You, Really
According to Kari Molvar from the New York Times, “Great skin is not simply a matter of DNA — your daily habits, in fact, have a big impact on what you see in the mirror. ”
You have control, my friend!
I’ve created a list of ideas to help you get the skincare results that you want. Hope this helps!
- Remember that nobody’s skin is the same as yours. What works for your friend might not work for you. But also remember, that everyone’s skin does need a consistent routine.
- Be consistent! Like I just said, you need a routine. You won’t see results if you only care for your skin like, once or twice a week. It’s got to be on the daily!
- Look for natural ingredients. This should be a no-brainer, but you’d be surprised at how many people buy moisturizers, etc. just based on what they see first in the store. Yikes. Read the labels! Can you pronounce all of those ingredients? If not, then they are likely not the types of things you want your skin to absorb.
- Don’t expect instant results. You’re not going to see a huge difference the day after you start your skincare regimen. You didn’t wake up with sunspots and dry, peeling skin, so don’t expect to treat them overnight! Good things take time, my friend. 😉
- Consider the fragrances in your products. Are you sensitive to certain smells? Do you really want your lotion to be so potent that everyone on the metro can smell you?
- Consider your specific needs. What’s your biggest skincare complaint? Dryness? Itchiness? Clogged pores? Use this personal information to make educated choices about the brand and products you use.
- Be gentle on your face. When you start a new exfoliating scrub, for example, you do not need to scrub harshly on your face, 3 times a day. Be gentle, and start with once a day to begin.
- Try a sample before committing. If no samples are available, just start with one product to see how you like it. You wouldn’t want to spend hundreds of dollars on products just to find that it causes you to break out in hives!
- Choose a good make-up remover. I absolutely hate it when my eye-liner is STILL visible, even after I’ve wiped my face with make-up remover! You need something that will completely rid your face of makeup residue before you go about your skincare routine.
- Think about who you’re buying from. This may not be a high priority for you, but I certainly like to know where my money is going. I’d rather support a small business that provides excellent and personal customer service than a huge corporation who doesn’t care about anything except my money.
My Personal Skincare Suggestion
I’ve recently started using AvJorden skincare products. I LOVE them. I have yet to try each and every product (I likely will!) but so far, I have not been disappointed in the least!
The creator of Av Jorden is an amazing woman named Wendy. She has a passion for creating and helping others, especially when it comes to skincare. Her personal experiences and talent enabled her to create such an amazing brand. You can read more about her story here.
Below are some favorite products. I’m hoping that by the end of this year (it’s only January so I have time! 😉 ) I’ll have tried each scent. So far, I’m loving the lemon.
By the way, just clicking on a photo will take you right to Av Jorden’s website, where you can find out more information!
I hope you will love these products as much as I do. Let me know which one(s) you decide to try! (Oh–they make amazing gifts, too!)
Bye bye for now…stay warm (and moisturized) this freezing cold week!